Tuesday, October 1, 6:30pm, doors open at 6pm
new location: Unitarian Congregation, 67 Church St., Montclair
BOOK LAUNCH Talk and Signing
Online Ticket Sales are closed now. We do have some available seats. Please purchase at the door.
If seats become sold out, we will release seats at 6:20 for the wait list, first come/first served.
Inspired by her blockbuster phenomenon Wonder,
R. J. Palacio makes her graphic novel debut with an unforgettable story of the
power of kindness and unrelenting courage in a time of war.
In R. J. Palacio’s bestselling collection of stories Auggie & Me, which expands on characters in Wonder, readers were introduced to Julian’s grandmother, Grandmère. Here, Palacio makes her graphic novel debut with Grandmère’s heartrending story: how she, a young Jewish girl, was hidden by a family in a Nazi-occupied French village during World War II, and how the boy she and her classmates once shunned became her savior and best friend.
R. J. Palacio lives in New York City with her husband, two sons, and two dogs. Her books include 365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne’s Book of Precepts, Auggie & Me: Three Wonder Stories, and We’re All Wonders. For more than twenty years she was an art director and graphic designer, designing book jackets for other people while waiting for the perfect time in her life to start writing her own novel. But several years ago a chance encounter with an extraordinary child in front of an ice cream store made R. J. realize that the perfect time to write that novel had finally come. Wonder is her first novel. She did not design the cover, but she sure does love it.
Online Sales are Closed. Purchase Tickets at the Door.
Please read description of ticket parameters - thank you.
- Tickets cost $26 and come with a copy of White Bird
- You may purchase one $5 companion ticket per order
- Only babes in arms do not require a ticket
- Tickets are nonrefundable and nonreturnable
- This is the book launch, copies will not be available before 10/1.
AT UNITARIAN CONGREGATION
- Doors open 6pm
- Please arrive at the school on time! In the case of a sold-out event, empty seats will be released to the standby line starting at 6:20PM
- Seating is first come, first serve
- Signing will follow the program.
- Unitarian Congregation: If you require any accommodations for a disability, please contact us with at least 1 week's notice at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we have plenty of time to help you out.
- SIGNING LINE: If you have a disability, or are pregnant, injured, ill, or otherwise unable to stand for long periods of time, please see the bookseller at the door to be escorted to the head of the line.