The Player (Carter Ross Mysteries #5) (Compact Disc)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Carter Ross Mysteries series.
- #1: Faces of the Gone: A Mystery (Carter Ross Mysteries #1) (Paperback): $18.89
- #2: Eyes of the Innocent: A Mystery (Carter Ross Mysteries #2) (Paperback): $18.89
- #3: The Girl Next Door: A Mystery (Carter Ross Mysteries #3) (Paperback): $18.89
- #4: The Good Cop (Carter Ross Mysteries #4) (Compact Disc): $53.99
- #6: The Fraud: A Carter Ross Mystery (Carter Ross Mysteries #6) (Hardcover): $25.99
When he hears residents of a Newark neighborhood are getting sick - and even dying - from a strange disease, investigative reporter Carter Ross dives into the story - so deep he comes down with the illness himself. With even more motivation to track down the source of the disease, Carter soon hits upon a nearby construction site. But when the project's developer is found dead, and his mob ties surface, Carter knows he's looking at a story much bigger - and with even more dangerous consequences - than an environmental hazard. Back in the newsroom, Carter has his hands full with his current girlfriend and with the paper's newest eager intern, not to mention his boss and former girlfriend Tina Thompson, who has some news for Carter that's about to make tangling with the mob seem simple by comparison.
About the Author
Brad Parks is the first author to win both the Shamus Award and the Nero Award for Best American Mystery for his debut novel, Faces of the Gone. A former reporter for The Washington Post and The [Newark] Star-Ledger, he lives in Virginia.