The Good Cop (Carter Ross Mysteries #4) (MP3 CD)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Carter Ross Mysteries series.
- #1: Faces of the Gone: A Mystery (Carter Ross Mysteries #1) (Paperback): $18.89
- #2: Eyes of the Innocent: A Mystery (Carter Ross Mysteries #2) (Paperback): $18.89
- #3: The Girl Next Door: A Mystery (Carter Ross Mysteries #3) (Paperback): $18.89
- #5: The Player (Carter Ross Mysteries #5) (MP3 CD): $26.99
- #6: The Fraud: A Carter Ross Mystery (Carter Ross Mysteries #6) (Hardcover): $25.99
As long as Newark Eagle-Examiner reporter Carter Ross turns in his stories on deadline, no one bats an eye if he doesn't wander into the newsroom until 10 or 11 in the morning. So it's an unpleasant surprise when he's awakened at 8:38 by a phone call from his boss, telling him a local policeman was killed and Carter will be covering the story, starting immediately. He's baffled when, hours later, there are still no other reporters at the widow's house. And then he gets another call from his boss: the story's off, the cop committed suicide. But when Carter's calls to the police and the morgue are repeatedly blocked, it's clear someone knows more than he's saying about the cop's death.
About the Author
Brad Parks is the first author to win both the Shamus Award and the Nero Award for Best American Mystery for his debut novel, Faces of the Gone. A former reporter for The Washington Post and The [Newark] Star-Ledger, he lives in Virginia. READER BIO Adam Verner has worked professionally in the voiceover industry for nine years, voicing everything from audiobooks, commercials, online videos, and even the voice of a beer coaster. Yes, indeed, a beer coaster that screams, ""Beer thief!"" when your brew is snatched. He came to voiceover from a stage background, holds a bachelor's in theatre from Bradley University and a master of fine arts from the Chicago College of Performing Arts at Roosevelt University.