Watchung Booksellers does carry a limited number of independently published books on a consignment basis to support local authors and to offer our readers a stimulating selection of books.
How to place my book in the store
You may contact us at email@example.com to submit a proposal. Please include a brief summary of the book, book cover jpeg, your marketing/promotional plans, intended audience, and a brief author bio.
We consider each proposal and try to respond in a timely matter. Each book is considered as a part of our highly curated collection.
Terms of Consignment
If your book is to be placed at Watchung Booksellers, we ask that you submit 3 books with an invoice.
- Watchung Booksellers will pay 50% of list price
- Watchung Booksellers agrees to display the book for a period of 3 months.
- The consignee is encouraged to promote and publicize their book and it’s placement at Watchung Booksellers to help drive sales.
- During the consignment time, Watchung Booksellers may contact the consignor for additional copies for sale, and/or to pay the consignor for items already sold.
- At the end of the consignment period, the consignee is responsible to contact Watchung Booksellers to receive payment for sold books and/or retrieve any unsold copies.
- Consignment copies that are left at Watchung Booksellers for more than 6 months will be donated to an organization of our choice.
- Watchung Booksellers will only pay for books sold. Damaged or stolen copies are the responsibility of the consignee.